Monday, July 23, 2012

The Hardest Part

“The hardest part is getting started”
I’ve made many attempts to get my web comic off the ground over the years, and every time it has fallen by the wayside, proving the above quote true every time.  However recently I was encouraged me to give it another go, and this time I believe I have found the right balance between creativity and simplicity.  My first comic was stick figures, much like xkcd.net of which I am a huge fan.  However I quickly felt I was simply rehashing Randall’s style.  So for attempt #2 I bought an expensive Wacom graphics tablet (I used to have money, now I have kids), however my perfectionism took hold and a single cartoon took weeks to get right.


So having found my preferred format, I hope you enjoy reading Minions at Work as much as I enjoy creating them.  Feel free to comment and be sure to stay in the loop.


-Waz

No comments:

Post a Comment